Student Educational Travel (SET)
SET is now accepting applications for travel that begins on after July 1, 2014.
SET (formally AAA) has a committee that consists of up to four faculty and four students appointed annually to allocate travel grants to students to present at conferences or to give presentations.
SET has a budget of approximately $25,000, and average proposals should be no more than $500 per person. Groups of students can apply together. No group or department can be granted more than $2500 in an academic year. SET cannot fund international travel.
- Website with detailed information, schedule, and registration costs for the conference.
- Information about your plans to present your work at Portland State upon your return.
- Legal name and PSU ID number for every traveler
- Dates and times of travel (to the best of your knowledge)
- Lodging information including address, phone, number of nights, and rates
- List of other funding sources (personal, department, student organization, awards, etc)
- A letter from the organizers inviting you to present your work at the conference/ event
- A letter of support from a faculty member or advisor
3. Click here to submit your grant proposal at least one month before you travel (ideally 6 weeks). You should hear back within a week.
If your proposal is accepted:
You will need to coordinate with Student Activities and Leadership Programs to coordinate payment. If you are traveling with a student organization, work with your advisor. For all others, please click here for instructions. You can contact Al Yucker with payment questions: 503-725-5650.