AAA has allocated all of the funding for 2012-13. There will be no more grants for this year. The grant proposal forms for travel happening after July 1, 2013 will open May 17, 2013.
The AAA Committee consists of up to five faculty and five students appointed annually to allocate travel grants to students to present at conferences or to give presentations.
AAA has a budget of approximately $45,000, and average proposals should be no more than $750 per person. Groups of students can apply together. No group or department can be granted more than $4000 in an academic year. AAA cannot fund international travel.
You should prepare for your proposal:
- Website with detailed information, schedule, and registration costs for the conference.
- Information about your plans to present your work at Portland State upon your return.
- Legal name and PSU ID number for every traveler
- Dates and times of travel (to the best of your knowledge)
- Lodging information including address, phone, number of nights, and rates
- List of other funding sources (personal, department, student organization, awards, etc)
In addition to your proposal, you will need to attach:
- A letter from the organizers inviting you to present your work at the conference/ event
- A letter of support from a faculty member or advisor
If your proposal is accepted:
You will need to coordinate with Student Activities and Leadership Programs to coordinate payment. If you are traveling with a student organization, work with your advisor. For all others, please click here for instructions. You can contact Al Yucker with payment questions: 503-725-5650.